The Thomas C. Slater Compassion Center is committed to protecting the health and safety of our patients and employees. We will continue to comply with all federal, state and local regulations and follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to help prevent the spread of coronavirus/COVID-19. We also encourage everyone to take the necessary steps to protect themselves and others.
The Thomas C. Slater Compassion Center is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees and patients, especially given concerns about the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
If you are not feeling well or have been exposed to someone who is sick, stay home and avoid contact with others until you recover. Please do not come to the dispensary if:
- You exhibit coronavirus symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath
- You have been in contact with a coronavirus patient
- Recently travelled to an area with where coronavirus is widespread
Here are some other tips to help protect yourself and others:
- Do not share joints, blunts, bongs, pipes, vapes or other devices.
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water or, if those are not available, with alcohol-based hand cleaner.
- Avoid physical contact with others, including hugs and handshakes. Try to maintain a distance of at least six feet from others in public places.
- If you have cold or flu-like symptoms, avoid smoking cannabis, which can aggravate nasal and chest congestion, worsen coughs and sore throats and prolong recovery.
Find additional information about the coronavirus and steps you can take to protect yourself and your family in the posters below provided by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. You can also find additional information on the Rhode Island Department of Health website at health.ri.gov/covid.